March 7, 2011

First impressions

What a wonderful three weeks! Today marks nearly a month for me at the Literacy Coalition, where I am lucky enough to work on the trainings and curriculum side of LCCT efforts. Although my tenure is almost long enough to mean I’m already too biased to say this, I’ll go ahead anyway - the LCCT is one of the most organized and well-run organizations I’ve encountered. As you well know, the staff is incredible, and I’m nothing but consistently impressed by the work that this small but driven group of people tackles each day. I’d also argue that no other non-profit can compete when it comes to file structure. These folks know how to construct an online folder system! Sometimes starting a new job can mean getting a collection of thrown together papers and an unlabeled box that you have to sort through to make sense of anything, but the time the LCCT put into collecting and categorizing their work is well worth it. I easily jumped into their materials and started reading. Off I go.

In the coming weeks and months I hope to get to know more of you in my new role. I look forward learning more about the wonderful work at each of our partner organizations, and I welcome any questions you might have. This is an exciting time for the LCCT and I’m very glad I get to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment